Monday, November 8, 2010

Our first Halloween

I have never dressed up in a "couple's costume" before.
I wanted to this year, but Halloween
just kind of snuck up on us and we
were not prepared.
Well, 10 minutes before our ward Halloween party,
Jake had the great idea that we could go as
international Red Sox fans!
So it's kind of a couples costume. And don't worry,
we have big plans (on the more creative side)
for coming years.
The next day, we had the missionaries 
for "dinner in a pumpkin."
It was an experimental meal for me,
but it turned out great! I think
we'll be making a tradition of it.

While I cooked the meal, Jake
took over the seeds.

Jake was recently called to serve as
our ward mission leader.
So this was a good chance to get to
know the elders in our ward.
We have English speaking elders
and Haitian speaking elders.

Hope everyone had a great Halloween!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm glad you two have a blog so we can keep up with all you're up to in Florida. That's cool that Jake is the ward mission leader, that's a great calling for him. I love dinner in a pumpkin! Love you guys!

Hannah said...

Um... you are totally a betty crocker/suzie homemaker/ domestic goddess!!! I am impressed with the table cloth, the pumpkin meal, and the attention to a halloween couple. Cute idea!

Jessica said...

Jake + pumpkin seeds. Good times.
So glad you guys have a blog now!

Bethany said...

Thanks everyone! This is a big step for us, so we're glad for the kind reception into the blogging world. :)